Oct. 20, 2012 New Orleans, La This clinic is full
Nov. 3, 2012 Waco, TX
Nov. 10, 2012 The Plains, VA
May 2013 Santa Rosa, CA
Oct 2013 Sacramento, CA
Check back for specific dates.
I would love to schedule a clinic in Colorado if anyone is interested in hosting.
Contact me if you are interested in more information or to host a clinic in your area!
Oct 20, 2012
10am to 4pm or later
New Orleans, La
Hoof Anatomy Clinic
Join me for a hands on learning opportunity.
This hoof clinic is for everyone. In-depth anatomy presented so that even the novice will understand function of the structures, hoof balance and distortion.
Compare various structures of the hoof:
- wall thickness
- digital cushion shapes and textures
- lateral cartilage placement and role in hoof shape
- various coffin bones
- sole corium and coronary band
- anything of interest to you!
This clinic fulfills the anatomy requirement for the Pacific Hoof Care Practioners curriculum
Contact me if you are interested in more information.
Hoof Anatomy Clinics
My Hoof Anatomy Clinics are geared towards anyone involved with horses.
If you are an owner trimming for yourself this is a confidence building clinic.
See what the hoof is built around:
- see the lamina and sole corium
- see the digital cushion and lateral cartilage
- look at sole thickness and concavity
- various coffin bones
- compare toe length and coffin bone placement in various hooves
- see how the heels and bars grow
I start the day with anatomy, but then cover the basics of trimming.
This clinic format helps anyone
- see distortion in the hoof capsule
- recognize hoof balance with or without shoes
- understand certain lamenesses better
- learn about frog and wall issues
Natural Hoof Trimming Clinics
My Natural Hoof Trimming Clinics teach owners the basics of trimming.
I go over the mechanics of trimming and show many examples.
For each hoof I go through my thought process and then demonstrate trimming:
- give my impression of the hoof and the horse
- how I assess the hoof
- where I visualize the coffin bone placement
- what my priorities would be for each foot
- explain how and what I am trimming
- discuss any questions
Tool Use and Safety Clinics
Pony Club/ 4H/ Saddle Club Clinics
Return from Clinics with Paige Poss to Iron Free Hoof Homepage