Sacramento California September 28, 2013
The PHCP Annual Conference Sept 27th - 29th
in Sacramento, CA
Click here for more conference info!
I will be teaching a great anatomy clinic! I'm very excited by this clinic.
Hoof Anatomy Clinics
My Hoof Anatomy Clinics are geared towards anyone involved with horses.
This is a confidence building clinic.
See what the hoof is built around:
- see the lamina and sole corium
- see the digital cushion and lateral cartilage
- look at sole thickness and concavity
- various coffin bones
- compare toe length and coffin bone placement in various hooves
- see how the heels and bars grow
I start the day with anatomy, but then cover the basics of trimming.
This clinic format helps anyone
- see distortion in the hoof capsule
- recognize hoof balance with or without shoes
- understand certain lamenesses better
- learn about frog and wall issues
Natural Hoof Trimming Clinics
My Natural Hoof Trimming Clinics teach owners the basics of trimming.
I go over the mechanics of trimming and show many examples.
For each hoof I go through my thought process and then demonstrate trimming:
- give my impression of the hoof and the horse
- how I assess the hoof
- where I visualize the coffin bone placement
- what my priorities would be for each foot
- explain how and what I am trimming
- discuss any questions
Other Clinic Formats
- Tool Use and Safety Clinics
- Pony Club/ 4H/ Saddle Club Clinics
Return to Iron Free Hoof Homepage from Clinics-with-Paige-Poss